Visual, new media artist and composer— Manuel Chantre creates sculptures, installations, performances and public art by including light, video projection, music, interactivity and digital fabrication.
Since 2004, his works have been developed for renowned international institutions in media art, prestigious events, art galleries, commercial projects, public spaces and private collections.
His works are presented by institutions such as the Society for arts and technologies (CA), the International Digital Art Biennal in Montreal (CA), Ubisoft (CA), Desjardins Group Tower (CA), Mutek (CA), the Mapping Festival (CH), Filux Festival (MX), File Electronic Language International Festival (BR), the Mois Multi (CA), the Festival de la Imagen (COL), Toronto Scotiabank Nuit Blanche (CA), the Festival du Nouveau Cinema (CA), Steim (NL), Videopool (CA), PAVED Art (CA), Sight and sound (CA), Center3 for Print and Media Art (CA) and the Cégep André-Laurendeau college (CA) amongst other.
He explores the deconstruction of cultural symbols to create experiences at the crossroads of sensory experience, fiction and commentary.
CURRENT AND UPCOMING
- L'Écho, Solo Exhibition, Centre culturel Henri-Lemieux, September 14 to November 14, Montreal (CA)
- Blur Rouge Carmin (Installation), Limestone Coast Video Art Festival, September 28 to November 21, Mount Gambier (AU) Info
- Monday, March 11, 2013. New work, Agence Topo, November 1 to 30 2018, Montreal (CA) Info
- Light Attraction (Lumifest version), Lumifest 2018,October 11-12-13, Longueuil (CA) Info
- Le traceur Immobile. Interactive light sculpture, Cegep André-Laurendeau, college, Lasalle (CA) 2017-2020
News on Instagram