Visual, new media artist and composer— Manuel Chantre creates sculptures, installations, performances and public art by including light, video projection, music, interactivity and digital fabrication.
Since 2004, his works have been developed for renowned international institutions in media art, prestigious events, art galleries, commercial projects, public art and private collections.
His works are presented by institutions such as the Society for arts and technologies (CA), the International Digital Art Biennal in Montreal (CA), Ubisoft (CA), Desjardins Group Tower (CA), Mutek (CA), the Mapping Festival (CH), Filux Festival (MX), File Electronic Language International Festival (BR), the Mois Multi (CA), the Festival de la Imagen (COL), Toronto Scotiabank Nuit Blanche (CA), the Festival du Nouveau Cinema (CA), Steim (NL), Videopool (CA), PAVED Art (CA), Sight and sound (CA), Center3 for Print and Media Art (CA) and the Cégep André-Laurendeau college (CA) amongst other.
He explores the deconstruction of cultural symbols to create experiences at the crossroads of sensory experience, fiction and commentary.
- Monday, March 11, 2013. New work, Agence Topo, November 2018, Montreal (CA)
- Blur Rouge Carmin (Installation), Limestone Coast Video Art Festival, September - October, Mount Gambier (AU) Info
- Monday, March 11, 2013, College Rosemont, October, Montreal (CA)
- L'Écho, Solo Exhibition, Centre culturel Henri-Lemieux, September - October, Montreal (CA)
- Light Attraction (Lumifest version), Lumifest 2018, October, Longueuil (CA) Info