Visual, new media artist and composer— Manuel Chantre creates sculptures, installations and performances by including light, video projection, music, interactivity and design.
He explores the deconstruction of cultural symbols to create experiences at the crossroads of sensory experience, fiction and commentary.
Since 2004, his works have been developed for renowned international institutions in media art, prestigious events, art galleries, commercial projects, public spaces and private collections.
His projects have been produced or presented by the Society for arts and technologies, the International Digital Art Biennal, Ubisoft, Desjardins Group Tower, the National Taiwan Museum, the City of Montreal, the World Design Summit in Montreal and Mutek amongts other.
- Le traceur immobile. Sculpture lumineuse interactive, World Design Summit Montreal, October 2017 (CA) Info
- Axenet’i Tth’al (installation) with Michele Mackasey, Wanuskewan, Saskatoon(CA), July - Oct 2017, Info
- Frenge (video), Nuit Blanche Saskatoon, Saskatoon(CA), Septembre 2017, Info
- Memorsion, Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Montréal (CA), June - Septembre 2017, Info
- Le traceur immobile. Interactive light sculpture, Espace Desjardins, Montreal (CA), Mai - August, 2017. Info
- La partition des corps, Centre d'art Diane-Dufresne, Repentigny (CA). April to June 2017, Info