Visual, new media artist and composer— Manuel Chantre creates sculptures, installations, performances and public art by including light, video projection, music, interactivity and design.
Since 2004, his works have been developed for renowned international institutions in media art, prestigious events, art galleries, commercial projects, public spaces and private collections.
His works are presented by institutions such as the Society for arts and technologies (CA), the International Digital Art Biennal in Montreal (CA), Ubisoft (CA), Desjardins Group Tower (CA), Mutek (CA), the Mapping Festival (CH), Filux Festival (MX), File Electronic Language International Festival (BR), the Mois Multi (CA), the Festival de la Imagen (COL), Toronto Scotiabank Nuit Blanche (CA), the Festival du Nouveau Cinema (CA), Steim (NL), Videopool (CA), PAVED Art (CA), Sight and sound (CA), Center3 for Print and Media Art (CA) and the Cégep André-Laurendeau college (CA) amongst other.
He explores the deconstruction of cultural symbols to create experiences at the crossroads of sensory experience, fiction and commentary.
- Light Attraction, Outdoor light installation, Filux Festival Merida, January 2018 (MX), Info
- Le traceur immobile. Sculpture lumineuse interactive, World Design Summit Montreal, October 2017 (CA) Info
- Axenet’i Tth’al (installation) with Michele Mackasey, Wanuskewan, Saskatoon(CA), July - Oct 2017, Info
- Frenge (video), Nuit Blanche Saskatoon, Saskatoon(CA), Septembre 2017, Info
- Memorsion, Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Montréal (CA), June - Septembre 2017, Info
- Le traceur immobile. Interactive light sculpture, Espace Desjardins, Montreal (CA), Mai - August, 2017. Info
- La partition des corps, Centre d'art Diane-Dufresne, Repentigny (CA). April to June 2017, Info